Wednesday 23 May 2007

> CREATING A MEN'S LINE - USE IT!!


I DECIDED TO USE A MEN'S LINE UNDER A NEW LABEL TO EXPLORE MY QUESTIONS.

My reasons to launch a men’s necklace line, to think twice:


- my interest in the always changing idea of LUXURY
- my basic knowledge in JEWELRY
- from my random play testing, I found myself very interested to make men's necklaces for the start
- my interest in enhancing SELFNESS AND INDULGENCE
- using it as a test to see WHEN MEN WILL CHANGE THEIR TASTE
- also, WHEN WILL MEN TRADE UP? (as they usually wear silver necklace the most, if they do)
- fill in the gap:-

o despite it exist in the market it’s not the way I’d like
o from observation, men don’t wear as much necklaces as women
o and again, they are missing around the necks!!

OBSTACLES:

necklaces is not a common accessories men will usually buy/use, not to mention about diamond pieces. To challenge the usage of it will consume higher effort and probably difficult to change how one "habitual behavior/mentality" vs. alot more common ones like cuff links, watches.

however, by using a difficult category, the process of exploring, testing will be more rewarding. also, will be able to test the change of taste expect.